Current UMMAF, IMMAF and Arizona State Athletic Commission Referee and Judge Doug Burch has accepted his nomination for the office of Vice President of UMMAF. The nomination allows Mr. Burch the opportunity to stand for election to the UMMAF Vice Presidency on July 11th, 2020 at the UMMAF Extraordinary General Assembly.
UMMAF President Ryan Brueggeman says, “I’m very happy to see the nomination process for elections moving forward. It is vital to UMMAF for the transparent governance of our ever growing federation. It is refreshing to see experienced individuals want to get involved with governance and regulatory issues of the federation.”
Mr. Burch brings with him many years of experience in combat sports and management. Mr. Burch’s resume can be seen below.
Doug Burch, CPIM, LSSBB
40+ years progressive experience in Materials, Quality, Engineering and Lean Six Sigma. Assigned as staff and corporate leadership positions. Owned and operated a successful consulting firm specializing in training and consulting on Process Quality, Organizational Development, Strategic Planning, Value Stream improvement and management, Lean Enterprise and Six Sigma for large, moderate and smaller businesses and non-profits. Mr. Burch has promoted, marketed and managed a variety professional events for local and international organizations.
Combat Sports Experience:
- COMMAND Graduate: 2010
- IMMAF Officials Training: 2015
- Licensed Referee and Judge AZ Commission: 2010-Present
- IMMAF/UMMAF: Referee and Judge: 2015-Present
- 1000+ Sanctioned Bouts Officiated (Pro and Amateur)
- Numerous Exhibition and Local Sparring Bouts
- AZ State Wrestling Referee: 2015
- AZ State NAGA SHW Executive Champion: 2011
- Wrestling (JHS and HS), Karate (Shotokan). Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay-Thai, MMA, Judo, Krav Maga
- UFC, WEC, Bellator, Strikeforce, WSOF, KOTC, M1 Global, EliteXC, Rage in the Cage, World Fighting Federation, Duel of Domination, Cage Rage, APEX, Aggression Session, Coalition of Combat, MFC (Las Vegas)
Nominations for the office of UMMAF Vice President are still being accepted and can be sent to info@UMMAF.org .