The Official USA National Team for Mixed Martial Arts
For Fans and Athletes Who Love MMA
UMMAF is a non-profit (501c3) organization recognized as the official USA representative for the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF). The IMMAF is focused on developing MMA as an international sport, from the recreational level to the elite level, driving the development of common rules, safety regulations, structure and mutual exchanges to enable international competition among National MMA Federations around the world.
Our Member amateur athletes have access to approved training gyms, UMMAF sanctioned events where they can test their skills in Local, Regional and National events to qualify for a position on the USA National Team which travels to compete in international MMA competitions hosted by IMMAF member organizations around the globe.
Our leadership team consists of a Board of Directors and State Representatives; many of which are currently professional athletes, trainers and founding fathers in MMA, who share your love for the sport and want to help you succeed as an Amateur Athlete!
2016 World Championships
- Doug Burch Nominated For UMMAF Vice President May 10, 2020
- UMMAF Announces Open Nominations for Vice President April 10, 2020
- Keeping Your Gym Properly Sanitized April 6, 2020
Join the MMA Movement
Fan of MMA?
You are not alone! Many of our athletes began as fitness enthusiasts, maybe like you, using MMA as part of their workout routine. They joined the UMMAF to take their training to a new level as a competitor. Joining our Mailing List keeps you connected to the Amateur MMA movement in the USA and gives you access to amateur events as they come to your area.
Competitors & Officials
Athletes who are ready to test their skills in competition participate at a local level and can qualify for National Championships and International Competitions organized through the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF). To run such events, we need Officials. Any and all Athletes and Officials wanting to participate in such events mus be current Members of the UMMAF.
- Access to Events held throughout the U.S.A.
- Access Training Tips from former Champions, Top Coaches and Gym Owners.
- Officials receive a listing in our State Directory of Certified Officials.
- Access to Certified UMMAF Gym or Trainer to enhance or refine your skills.
- Eligibility to Register for Local and National Competitions.