Attention Athletes, Coaches and Event Promoters: Please download the official UMMAF EVENT RULES and review prior to submitting a sanctioning request for your event and/or registering your athlete or yourself to participate in any UMMAF Sanctioned Event.
Rules For Corner Personnel
- Please arrive on/before the report time provided by promoter
- Follow the Locker Room Directors/UMMAF Inspectors instructions.
- Only water and electrolyte drinks in their sealed original containers in the locker room/warm up area.
- No food, energy drinks or supplements of any kind in the locker room/warm up area
- Any alcohol, controlled substances will result in disqualification, event ejection and or immediate suspension.
- Only licensed personnel (corners and coaches) are allowed in dressing room. Exceptions require prior permission.
- Offensive clothing, placards, emblems, etc. are prohibited.
- Hygiene issues will be taken care prior to walking (Finger and toe nails trimmed & excessive body odor will not be tolerated
- Henna type tattoos are prohibited.
- Piercing an implants accessories are prohibited. No eye contacts; unless allowed by the state commission who has jurisdiction.
- Soft hair ties only. No hard metals or plastics
- Hand wraps will need to be inspected before fighters glove up
- Only pre-approved gloves provided by the promoter are allowed. Discrepancies will be addressed by UMMAF officials
- Do not tamper with or try to break the gloves in any way.
- Only neoprene or elastic supports for the ankles and knees only ( no elbow supports). Ankles can be taped but not excessively to form a cast. Taped ankles must be covered by neoprene or elastic support wrap.
- Supports may not have braces, metal, plastic, etc. of any kind.
- No excessive taping/wrapping of any kind (other than to keep your hand wraps in place 10 yds per hand).
- Be ready leave the dressing room when instructed. (do not leave locker room area without letting UMMAF official know)
- Anti social behavior of any kind to include name calling, gestures, vulgar/offensive language, etc. will result in disciplinary action.
- Only light coat of grease on the face (below eye brows and above nostrils) will be applied in the fight prep area; nothing else anywhere.
- Ice in a bag only or ice pack; no loose ice at ringside. Do not fill corner buckets with ice and water.
- Coaches must remain seated in chairs, do not pound on cage/ring apron. Coach the fighter NOT the Referee
- When a Contestant is down/knocked out/stopped, corners will not enter the cage/ring until authorized by a referee or physician.
- Enter and leave the cage/ring only when instructed and by the opening or corner. Do not jump in or out of the cage/ring.
- No photography or video by corner during contest.
- Do not use offensive language during the “in the post fight ring interviews”.